Tuesday, July 14, 2015

This is your life...

Let's play a game today. Take a few moments right now to look around you, really take everything in. What do you smell, feel, hear?
I'll wait...take as long as you need.
.....................................................................................................

Now, I want you to take one more look before you finish reading this and say out loud, “This is my life.”

How does that feel? Do you feel proud or disappointed? Are you relaxed and happy or stressed out and frustrated? How does your body feel when you say it?

One day, I took a break to have my favorite cup of tea outside during a gorgeous morning, the sunrise was breath taking and the flowers were blooming and fragrant, it was the kind of morning you wish you could just freeze frame forever. I thought, “What if this could be my life?” My heart unclenched and it hit me like a ton of bricks – It is! Colleen Bean...This.Is.Your.Life. Duh, right? 
But what I realized in that moment was that I got caught up in the doing of life – the job, the errands, the obligations, the un-fun things and looking toward a future “some day” when I would have done enough to finally have my dream life but all the while, here was my dream peeking in randomly, a minute at a time, but I was glossing over it.

I wonder if you feel that way too.

I made a pretty radical decision that day to live my dreams now because I didn't want to be disappointed or frustrated for one more second. I didn't want to die with regrets and I was acutely aware that death can come at any second (not in a morbid way, seriously).

You probably don't want to make such a radical decision as I did, or maybe you do. But, I want to invite you to the party, either way.
It's easy.
The first step is to just be aware of what is going on around you. Stop a few times a day and really experience what you are doing and what's going on around you. Maybe say to yourself, “This is my life!” - see how it feels. Take note of the things that make your heart happy and lean into them just a little longer. Extend those moments of love, hugs, fun, beauty and joy as long as you can and maybe a little longer. 

I promise, your life will get dreamy instantly.  Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment